Requirements for Eligibility
Diplomates must meet eligibility requirements for the year in which the examination is taken, regardless of prior approval. Eligibility does not carry over automatically from year to year.
To apply for the Maintenance of Certification Program (MOCP) examination, Diplomates must:
- Possess a current primary Board certificate from the ABPN, ABPMR, Canadian equivalent or AOA equivalent.1
- Possess a valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the United States, or territory of the United States or Canada. Evidence of licensure to practice medicine, current at the date of application, must be submitted with the application form. If the license held by the participant is restricted or with qualifications, details must be provided. 2
- Pay any remaining annual fees. If you are taking the exam one year early, you must pre-pay now for the last fee of your normal certification cycle.
- Record all required CME hours prior to submitting your exam registration.
- Affirm your commitment to practice medicine in an ethical manner.
- Complete the Proctor Form with your exam registration. You will upload this as part of your registration.
Diplomates will need to provide documentation verifying the above requirements when applying for the examination.
Holders of the ABEM Certificate of Recognition will not need to meet this requirement.
Holders of the ABEM Certificate of Recognition must document current license to practice in their home country.